Monday, April 9, 2012

complementary colors

Photobucket


Have you guys tried purple carrots? Someone gave me some to try a while ago and though I don't taste a difference, they're pretty to look at, no? I'm digging the golden beets though (pun intended)...I also like that my hands and towels (and sink, face, clothes, kitchen handles) weren't stained pink after I finished peeling/chopping them. (P.S.: Why does the phone always seem to ring or my face start to itch when I'm in the middle of cutting beets?)

Anyways, I'm kind of a sucker for things like this...funky looking foods, miniature zucchinis, oddly shaped apples, cherimoyas, Okinawan sweet potatoes, and the like...

Sometimes it's just fun to cook with food that makes you feel like you're living in a Dr. Seuss book. I recommend it!


1 comment:

  1. Those are so pretty! I want pretty veggies... farmer's market season cannot come soon enough

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...