Sunday, June 26, 2011

hello.

Photobucket

One of my favorite things about this Asia trip was learning more about my Korean roots/culture. I never ventured too deep into learning the ins, outs, whats and whys before--maybe it was too close or too familiar for me, or maybe I just identified more with the 'American side' of me. Regardless, being in the place my parents, grandparents, great grandparents grew up felt different this time around. I learned a few things about Korean people (my people!), the country's history (some really sad & painful things), the customs I never understood before--things I hope to be able to share here.

Anyways, I won't be traveling for a little while, so in an attempt to continue my cultural education, I will be practicing my Korean on my parents and random Korean strangers, learning some Korean recipes, and drinking more soju (jk)...I will also be enrolling myself in a djembe class and a French conversation class. Not Korean things, but hey, why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...