Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Eggs in a Basket

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. And for me, you can't beat an over medium egg and slice of toast. (Unless you're my mother and you cook a Korean feast for breakfast).


I had been meaning to try this whole 'eggs in a basket' thing since watching V for Vendetta (yes, like 5 years ago) and spotting this version on the Paupered Chef, so I finally did this weekend. Now, I don't know if it was because I cooked it on a glorious Saturday or because it's called Eggs in a Basket (and that's just fun), but this tasted SO MUCH BETTER than my usual egg slapped on a piece toast....which now sounds totally boring. Anyways, Eggs in a Basket + squeeze of Trader Joe Ketchup & 3 dots of Siracha = Breakfast Win.


To prepare: Cut a 2 1/2 inch circle into your any kind of thick cut toast.
Heat a non-stick pan with non-cooking spray (or butter). Heat the bread and center pieces, then crack your egg into the center and season with salt and pepper. Once the bread is nice and toasty, gently turn over and cook till the other side is golden brown and egg is cooked to your liking.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...