Sunday, May 8, 2011

my mama

Photobucket

Photobucket
I love these pictures of my mom. They were taken during her travels as a stewardess for Korean Air in her early twenties. (She's the beautiful lady on the right in the first picture, on the left in the second).

I remember as a kid I would on occasion (read: frequent occasion) break water cups and side dishes on the kitchen floor. This was on accident of course...I had butterfingers. I would feel terrible and almost before I could react, my mom would say something like, "It's fine! You did good. That was an old cup/dish/plate." This transferred over to other things as I grew older (fights with siblings, bad grades, even a minor car accident)...the more I think about it, my mom never came at me with a menacing finger pointing out what I've done wrong, but rather always helped me to see a better angle, a brighter side, and a way to be better. I'm so grateful. Today, I celebrate her adventurous spirit, her perspective and all her wonderful quirks, and wish all the other mothers (and mother's to be!) a Happy Mother's Day. :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You look so much like your mom! I love that she was a stewardess too- it just shows where some of your adventurous spirit comes from :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...