Thursday, January 5, 2012

potato party

My mom first got me into the gardening in 7th grade when she gave me the responsibility of taking care of the cucumber plants in our backyard one season. I watered those babies religiously and watched in awe how they'd turn from flower to fruit (is cucumber a fruit or vegetable?). By the end of the season, I had harvested more than a dozen of these ginormous 12"+ cucumbers. I was amazed.

Years later, my mom is still quite the gardener (and I am still her green apprentice). She planted potato skins in her backyard a while back...and just this past weekend harvested these little bad boys! (still amazed)

If you're interested, here is a more detailed explanation on how to grow your own spuds. Happy planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...