Wednesday, December 14, 2011

currently...

Photobucket

{image source}

I remember a time when Christmas could not come sooner. I’d countdown with my crafty felt advent calendar and decorate the door handles with Carl’s Jr. Holiday Stars. I think for 2 years I tried to “trick” my family members that there really was a Santa by staying up late and stuffing the stockings with candy. In the morning, I’d act just as dumbfounded as the rest of my family…"wasn’t me!” *snicker to self*

These days, it’s a different story. Cliché, but I can’t believe we are less than 2 weeks away from Christmas. I’m way behind on all the to-dos’s, card writing, post office visits, etc. and am strangely feeling not too frazzled about it at all. I'm looking forward to holiday get-togethers, birthdays, dinners, etc. but I've made my laundry list of to do's much shorter this year: 1) cook good food for the people I love and 2) avoid the malls/Target as much as possible. As for any holiday shopping...I'm making one stop to Amazon.com.

Here's what's been on my mind...and a few gift ideas if you need them.

Watching: Coming to America...Just let your sooooooul glooooooooow. I forgot how awesome this movie is. Remember Samuel L. Jackson's cameo? I laughed to tears when I saw it this time around.

Listening to Florence over and over...doesn't she look like she should be in an old Victorian painting?LinkLink

Eating: Trader Joe's Steelcut oatmeal with an over easy egg on top everyday for breakfast. Sounds weird, but it's so good. So good it's making me crave breakfast right now. Thank you Trader Joe's and Chris for bringing your Griddler to work.

Feeling: chapped lips no more. This works as an amazing lip balm, I kid you not. My sister who's happened to try pretty much every product out there, is also my personal face/skincare/make-up consultant. She let me in on this little secret. And she finally started her blog! Get the scoop here.

Smelling: 'Tis the season for peppermint and gingerbread and cinnamon everything. If you need a little holiday pick me up or indulgence, might I recommend this? Thank you Chick fil-a.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget to use www.seoulgrub.com or www.allthingsnool.com when you order from Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some Florence + The Machine! And I'm definitely going to be stopping by your sister's blog. Hope you're having a wonderful day Anabel!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...