Saturday, December 31, 2011

for auld lang syne


{image source here}

Work is in crunch mode as we make preparations for our first ever New Year's Eve event. Despite the busyness, I'm so glad that BF and I were able to have a somewhat spontaneous dinner with some dear friends/mentors of ours tonight. They invited us over for a home cooked meal (that included a warm winter salad which I will definitely be making again!) which made the long day kind of melt away. Simply put, I love being with them. Their drive to always be learning, try something new and challenging (they just got back from doing a triathlon in Hawaii!), spark great conversation and ask poignant questions...and laugh and have fun all the while--goodness oozes.

As the end of 2011 approaches, we got to talking & reflecting about the past year, which I realized I haven't given myself much room to do these past few days. My mind got to spinning as conversation continued. And now, it's 1:14am and I'm up, tracking back moments (significant, memorable, happy or not) that I don't want to forget.

Anyways, I just wanted to write a quickie note. Reflection time is becoming delirious time. So I'll end by saying I'm grateful for this space and for all of you who stop by to pay a visit. Happy New Year to all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...