Thursday, December 1, 2011

baked pita chips

Photobucket

I'll never buy pre-made pita chips again!
I had a version of these at Les Amis restaurant in Fullerton and loved them. They were thinner, lighter and crispier than your normal pita chip...which made them taste all the better. Homemade pita chips are a revelation to me...they're so simple to make and healthier than the ones I'd buy at the store. Why didn't I think of this sooner?

Simply cut round pita bread in slices (like you would a pizza) and split open the two layers.
Brush each slice with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle salt and pepper. (You can also flavor these with garlic powder or other herbs, or even cinnamon and sugar. MMM.)
Bake in a preheated oven at 4o0 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...