Wednesday, March 30, 2011

my picture encyclopedia

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
{All images scanned from Ward Lock's First Picture Encyclopedia, with slight edit touch ups}

Remember encyclopedias? Or days without the internet? I remember lying on the floor as a kid and combing through the letter D, reading up on the different dog breeds, trying to understand the moody disposition of our pet Chihuahua, Kumo…

I can't remember the last time I opened one up, but when I found Ward Lock’s First Picture Encyclopedia at Rags to Riches in Costa Mesa, I had to make the buy. It has scribbled names on the front cover from owners past and the irrefutable smell of an old library book (hello, nostalgia). I had no idea what I was going to do with this book when I bought it, but the images inside just made me happy. Maybe I’ll print them into cards...any suggestions?

(If you’d like a JPEG for your own crafty craftings or just because, send me an email at 3letterwords@gmail.com).


6 comments:

  1. these are pretty sweet pictures..i love random finds! i think cards are a great idea...maybe you could even vintage-ize them and print as posters! i actually wouldn't mind having the last picture as a poster...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh, printing them onto cards sounds like a such a cute idea! you should do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the last one would make a great poster. definitely would hang it up.

    maybe print some onto tote bags? or wallets?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wrapping paper maybe? could be cute with a tuxedo bow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try every one...we'll see how big i can get this. thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...