Sunday, March 6, 2011

call me granola

Photobucket

I made my first homemade granola a week ago. I couldn't resist after reading 2 easy recipes online, both to which I had most of the ingredients laying around. (Find them here and here). I decided to marry them together. Here's what I used:

3 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup slivered almonds
3 tbsp packed brown sugar
3/4 tbsp ground cinnamon (I just realized I read it TBSP instead of TSP...oops)
1/2 tspn salt
1/3 cup honey
2 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup of dried cranberries
1/2 cup of dried mangoes--cut to bits

Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
Mix the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl
In a saucepan, heat the honey, oil, and maple syrup till smooth
Stir mixture 1 spoon at a time and toss with granola
Spread onto baking sheet
Remove from heat and toss every 10 minutes. Bake for 40 minutes total.
Cool. Add fruit and enjoy with yogurt or by itself.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...